Sunday, July 17, 2011

Flashback: May 2011

May was a fun month.  We had a visit from Andrea's mom and got to have a lot of fun with her while she was here.  She taught all of us to use the sewing machine and I took on the serious project of sewing my own Aloha shirt!  Ruby sewed her own purse, and Tyson got a blanket and pillow case out of the deal. It was so fun and we all learned a lot!






This is a common site in our home.  Tyson is such a cuddle-bug and will snuggle with you for hours if you let him.  
I think this picture says it all about our children.
Tyson in his swim suit, ready to go diving with the goggles.  I don't know if there were plans to go to the beach that day or not but apparently Tyson wasn't taking "No" for an answer...
This is one of my favorite memories as a kid - rolling down a hill in my big Tonka Truck!  Awesome that Tyson loves it as much as I do!
This video cracks me up!  Ruby is nervous most of the way down and then laughs nervously when she finally reaches the bottom!
Here's the Police hat again, and Ruby reading to Tyson.
Tyson learned to stand on his head in May.  He learned this trick from Uncle Jeremiah.  He was so proud!
When Grandma Loli comes to visit it's a PARTY every day!!!
We visited the "Valley of the Temples" and fed the birds.
We ran the "Jamba Banana-Man 5k" race at Ala Moana beach park.  Ruby ran almost the whole thing, and then ran in the kids race right after we finished the 5k.  We had so much fun!!!
Ruby & Tyson have robes that they use after swimming at the beach.  Tyson usually is shivering so bad after swimming that it takes a few minutes for him to "warm-up".  These robes have come in super handy!
I got nothin'...
Ruby dance in the Spring Showcase for Ballet Hawaii in May.  She was a Blue Bird and LOVED being a part of Ballet.  We're taking a break from Ballet so it was nice for her to finish off with a fun activity like this!

Ruby is the proud and happy ballerina with her flower lei.


2 comments:

  1. I love that you are posting these! I miss your family so much! Can't wait for another visit! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys always look so happy. Love the sewing.

    ReplyDelete